Sales Development Representative
We are changing how small businesses and large public and private institutions interact! ProcurementSearch.com is a one-stop shop for discovering contracting opportunities in your local area. Our fast, simple search engine lets vendors search for, and find, up-to-date public and private sector procurement opportunities.
Summary of Role
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative to build relationships and close sales. This key position will be responsible for generating and signing contracts through outbound sales calls, responding to active sales leads, and qualifying leads.
As a key member of a small team you will make a mark on the strategic growth and direction of the company. You must be very comfortable wearing multiple hats in a highly ambiguous environment, defining processes on the fly and working closely with other team members to close deals. This is a great opportunity for a driven and ambitious sales professional to join a nascent startup and take it to the next level.
- Identify prospects, at first in the Pacific Northwest, and soon in major metropolitan areas across the country.
- Conduct sales activities in different areas of Oregon and Washington.
- Expand your own knowledge of government programs (diversity and equity programs, minority/woman-owned business certifications) and functions (economic development, etc.) as well as the USP of the company.
- Prepare activity reports as requested.
- Travel as necessary to /prospects/accounts in order to develop relationships and close large opportunities.
- Update and maintain sales database (e.g. Hubspot) as appropriate.
- Assist management in conveying small business needs to procurement managers, and technical support staff.
- Assist in the development of sales and marketing materials.
- Experience in selling to government and other large institutions preferred
- 2+ years of experience in selling software/SAAS/cloud based services preferred.
- Experience in outbound phone sales.
- Strong interpersonal skills and presentation skills.
- Strong written/verbal communications skills.
- Work under minimal supervision on long sales cycles. Latitude for independent judgment.
- Expertise using CRM and web-based conferencing systems.
- Proven track record of quota and goal achievement.
- Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, virtual meetings or otherwise) and the ability to work and interact in a team.
- Requires logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
This is a remote position to start, though we’re hoping to change that soon. You must be in the Portland area or willing to travel to Portland weekly.
Attractive base salary plus a healthy commission on each signed contract.
This is a full-time job.
To be considered for this position, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org